Where can I find Docs on how to use the debugger please?

I am using the Win32 version of Python 2.1

I would like to set a breakpoint
and then later step down the source code line by line.
and view the source code as it is executed.

I am using a different file for each module.

I have looked in some standard online docs and all I found was help on
the keyboard and menus.

Also is there a better debugger with a GUI for Python available
(I am willing to try other OSes.)

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Colin Finlay
cmfinlay at SPAMmagnet.com.au

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Klein at Mar 14, 2001 at 2:49 am

    Where can I find Docs on how to use the debugger please?
    Look up the 'pdb' module in the Library Reference.

    Daniel Klein
  • Paul Prescod at Mar 14, 2001 at 3:22 am

    cmfinlay at SPAMmagnet.com.au wrote:
    Where can I find Docs on how to use the debugger please?

    I am using the Win32 version of Python 2.1

    I would like to set a breakpoint
    and then later step down the source code line by line.
    and view the source code as it is executed.
    There are actually several Python debuggers and it is hard to know which
    one you are asking about. How did you get into the debugger? What is on
    the menu bar? Or are you talking about the command line debugger?
    --
    Python:
    Programming the way

grouppython-list @