I'm writing a Windows app with an embedded Python interpreter. I have the
stdio output going to my own window and I've made a few working custom
object in C that I can use from scripts. My problem is the system will hang
when running the script, and if I break in the debugger it's inside of NT,
with no real stack trace present. This happens when I run my script
repeatedly - and always when I sit on the accelerator key that runs the
current script (i.e., repeating the script as fast as possible). Even the
simplest script that uses no custom objects will hang (such as "for p in
range(1,10):
print p" - which doesn't hang if I repeat it slowly), so it's not anything
about reference counts or using custom objects incorrectly. I've compiled
Python 2.0 under Windows using VC++ 6.0 using threads. This is a real
showstopper, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

Search Discussions

  • Owen F. Ransen at Mar 7, 2001 at 6:31 am
    In simpler terms: does PyRun_SimpleFile crash?

    --
    Owen F. Ransen
    http://www.ransen.com/

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 6, '01 at 7:08a
activeMar 7, '01 at 6:31a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Dave Fassett: 1 post Owen F. Ransen: 1 post