I can import and run my ?Hello World? module/function in the immediate
window but if I then edit and save the source file I can not see how to
run the modified code without closing and restarting the shell.

If I try and do it all from the IDLE edit window both import module (f5)
and run script (ctrl+f5) open a shell with the cursor in the line below
the prompt and then nothing! Ctrl+f5 in the shell gives me the message
?The buffer for Python Shell is not saved
.?

What am I missing?

Thanks

Dave Stewart

Search Discussions

  • Bernie at Feb 28, 2001 at 5:30 pm

    David Stewart wrote:

    I can import and run my ?Hello World? module/function in the immediate
    window but if I then edit and save the source file I can not see how to
    run the modified code without closing and restarting the shell.
    1. Open <Hello World.py>
    2. Make your change
    3. Save the changes <Ctrl-s>
    4. Run the script <Ctrl-F5>

    If you are dealing with mutliple module files, then you should:

    A. Repeat step 1 to 3 above
    B. Go to the main module
    C. Repeat Step 4

    It works most of the time, unless you use thread modules.

    Hope it helps!

    Bernie

    David Stewart wrote:

    I can import and run my ?Hello World? module/function in the immediate
    window but if I then edit and save the source file I can not see how to
    run the modified code without closing and restarting the shell.
    1. Open <Hello World.py>
    2. Make your change
    3. Save the changes <Ctrl-s>
    4. Run the script <Ctrl-F5>

    If you are dealing with mutliple module files, then you should:

    A. Repeat step 1 to 3 above
    B. Go to the main module
    C. Repeat Step 4

    It works most of the time, unless you use thread modules.

    Hope it helps!

    Bernie

grouppython-list @
categoriespython