On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:48:43 -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
According to http://sourceforge.net/ today,
Hosted Projects: 14,366
Registered Users: 110,619
Oof! When I was fiddling with patches tonight, the registered users
number was exactly 111,000. 400 new users a day isn't too shabby...

--amk

Search Discussions

  • Tim Peters at Jan 25, 2001 at 10:38 am
    [Tim, yesterday]
    According to http://sourceforge.net/ today,
    Hosted Projects: 14,366
    Registered Users: 110,619
    [A.M. Kuchling, today]
    Oof! When I was fiddling with patches tonight, the registered users
    number was exactly 111,000. 400 new users a day isn't too shabby...
    Worse (better? depends on your POV ...), the number of registered projects
    has bumped to 14,531. Since each new project takes some manual work on
    their end, I bet they're backlogged bigtime. Someone should suggest that
    they only accept new Python projects.

    no-point-fighting-the-inevitable<wink>-ly y'rs - tim
  • Michael Hudson at Jan 25, 2001 at 8:52 pm

    "Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> writes:

    [Tim, yesterday]
    According to http://sourceforge.net/ today,
    Hosted Projects: 14,366
    Registered Users: 110,619
    [A.M. Kuchling, today]
    Oof! When I was fiddling with patches tonight, the registered users
    number was exactly 111,000. 400 new users a day isn't too shabby...
    Worse (better? depends on your POV ...), the number of registered projects
    has bumped to 14,531. Since each new project takes some manual work on
    their end, I bet they're backlogged bigtime. Someone should suggest that
    they only accept new Python projects.
    I've been waiting until they work out which end of the power cable
    goes in the mains[1] before submitting mine...

    Cheers,
    M.

    [1] This is too harsh. Oh well.

    --
    Java sucks. [...] Java on TV set top boxes will suck so hard it
    might well inhale people from off their sofa until their heads
    the power cable goes in the mains[1] before submitting mine...

    Cheers,
    M.

    [1] This is too harsh. Oh well.
    Actually, it's too English. Nobody in America has any idea how devasting
    you've been. I only caught it because some of my programming was
    contributed by the MU5 dataflow blokes at Manchester.

    don't-even-try-discussing-hot-steaming-faggots<wink>-ly y'rs - tim
  • Cliff Crawford at Jan 26, 2001 at 6:07 pm