I am developing in Pythonwin, and have been using
the odbc module successfully for a while. Still I
have not yet called Stored procedures over this
interface.

Is it possible ? Any examples out there ?

All the best

Steinar Eriksen

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Search Discussions

  • Gilles Lenfant at Dec 18, 2000 at 3:07 pm
    Depends on your DB engine.

    With mxOdbc and an Informix server, it works for me.

    import mxOdbc
    mydatasource = 'DSN=adatasource;URS=myself;PWD=secret'
    myconnection = mxOcbc.Windows.DriverConnect(mydatasource)
    curs = myconnection.cursor()
    curs.execute('Any SQL statement including stored procedure call or informix
    specific SQL operation')

    That's all

    <steinarrune at my-deja.com> a ?crit dans le message news:
    91l6mq$lge$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
    I am developing in Pythonwin, and have been using
    the odbc module successfully for a while. Still I
    have not yet called Stored procedures over this
    interface.

    Is it possible ? Any examples out there ?

    All the best

    Steinar Eriksen

    Sent via Deja.com
    http://www.deja.com/
  • Rapto at Dec 18, 2000 at 7:09 pm
    The standard ODBC idiom for calling stored procedures (or saved
    parameter queries in Access) is
    {call MyStoredProc(arg1, arg2...)}

    For example:

    {call getOrderId('9/312')}

    You may look for documentation for ODBC escape sequences. There are some
    for dates, outer joins, concatenating strings, data type conversion,
    parameter return, etc.

    Using these you may get a bit more vendor-independent.

    Sent via Deja.com
    http://www.deja.com/

grouppython-list @
categoriespython