This release contains:

* Many bug-fixes

* Updated documentation

* Updated demos that reflect new Snack features

* Expanded test suite

* Improved Windows installers

The Snack Sound Toolkit is designed to be used with a scripting
language.
Snack adds commands to play, record, and process sound and supports
in-memory sound objects, file based audio, and streaming audio.
It handles fileformats such as WAV, MP3, AU, AIFF, and NIST/Sphere.
Snack is extensible, new commands, filters, and sound file formats can
be added using the Snack C-library. An easy to build example extension
is contained in the source distribution.
Snack also does sound visualization, e.g. waveforms and spectrograms.
The visualization objects update in real-time and can output postscript.

Snack works with Tcl8.0 - Tcl8.4 and Python 1.5.2-2.0
Platforms: Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, IRIX, NetBSD, Macintosh, and
Windows95/98/NT/2K.

Source and binaries can be downloaded from
http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

Regards,
Kare Sjolander
kare at speech.kth.se