I have been using Python for a few months now and I can't for the life of me
get the cgi module to work.

I recently posted a plea for help on a little problem I had and everyone
said use the cgi module well, I can't. This is now a plea to help me getting
it working.

All I have to do is include 'import cgi' in the .py script file and I get an
error::

Traceback (most recent call last): File
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin\renderguestbook.py", line 5, in ? import cgi
File "c:\python\lib\cgi.py", line 25, in ? the Python script. It also
provides a number of utilities that help AttributeError: parse

I have entered a few things in the IIS Configuration Dialog and all Python
scripts run fine on the web server, but it just won't play with the cgi
module.

The file is there, I downloaded it again, In case it was a bad install and
still no luck.

Please if any of you have Python running a dream on your Windows 2000 Server
and running the cgi module please help us out.

Best Regards,

Paul Goodyear
(email or reply to groups, no probs)

Search Discussions

  • Mark Hammond at Aug 5, 2000 at 1:47 am