I am trying to use Python on a Linux system but need Oracle DB access. I
have tried compiling the DCOracle interface with no success, there are
compile errors.

I am trying to replace the Perl that is used with python but the DB access
issue is a killer. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Dan

Search Discussions

  • Pehr anderson at Jun 28, 2000 at 3:38 am
    Dear Dan,

    We got this to work here at Eink.
    The DCOracle database driver for python is
    very good and does exacly what we need.

    My understanding is that every version of
    Oracle has libraries that behave somewhat
    differently so sometimes you need to fix
    little things like file order to make it all work.

    Could you post your exact compliation trace so that
    I and others can look it over?
    Also let us know which version of Oracle you are using.

    Thanks,
    pehr anderson

    Dan Grassi wrote:
    I am trying to use Python on a Linux system but need Oracle DB access. I
    have tried compiling the DCOracle interface with no success, there are
    compile errors.

    I am trying to replace the Perl that is used with python but the DB access
    issue is a killer. Can anyone help?

    Thanks,

    Dan
  • Bill Scherer at Jun 28, 2000 at 11:16 am
    Dan -

    The usual problem here is the line ORACLE_L in the makefile. Here's mine:

    ORACLE_L=-lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lncr -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lclient
    -lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric -lmm -lnls
    rtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lncr
    -lnetv2 -lnttcp -lnetwork -lclient -lv
    sn -lcommon -lgeneric -lepc -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3
    -lclient -lvsn -lcommon -lgeneric -ln
    lsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore4 -lnlsrtl3 -lnsl -lgeneric -ldl -lelf -lposix
    -lsql -lm -lm

    (that's all one line)

    This works on Linux with the 8.0.5 client.

    Good luck,

    Bill Scherer