http://www.oreillynet.com/python/

I would love any feedback you care to give.

Stephen Figgins
fig at oreilly.com

Search Discussions

  • Phil Austin at May 3, 2000 at 8:51 pm

    "Stephen R. Figgins" <fig at oreilly.com> writes:

    Articles are coming in slowly, but I have put one up today. It is the
    first in a 6 month series on Numerical Python.

    fig at oreilly.com
    Nicely done. I'll be using Numpy/Dislin in a 3rd year and graduate
    classes this fall, so these mini-tutorials are immediately useful to
    me.

    Under potential future topics: wrapping legacy Fortran/C numerical
    code may be too advanced for this series, but if not, I think a
    side-by-side comparison of pyfort and CXX-Array on a fortran or c
    function would be extremely useful. In particular, I don't think
    enough people realize what can be done with the new CXX-4.2 release.

    Regards, Phil

    Phil Austin INTERNET: phil at geog.ubc.ca
    (604) 822-2175 FAX: (604) 822-6150

    http://www.geog.ubc.ca/~phil
    Associate Professor
    Atmospheric Sciences Programme
    Geography #217
    University of British Columbia
    1984 W Mall
    Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2
    CANADA

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMay 3, '00 at 4:56p
activeMay 3, '00 at 8:51p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Stephen R. Figgins: 1 post Phil Austin: 1 post