1) I want to use popen2.Popen3 so that I get access to stdin, stdout,
and stderr, as well as be able to wait for the child process to
complete. The docs say that it is supported on Windows. However, when I
try it, I get "AttributeError: fork". win32pipe.popen3 doesn't tell me
when the child process exits. So how can I use something like popen3 on
Windows, and wait for the child process to terminate?
2) sys.argv[0] has the 8.3 filename. It looks very ugly. How can I get
the real filename? For example, if I have the file "c:\temp\Some long
name.py", and I print sys.argv[0], I get "C:\TEMP\SOMELO~1.PY".
Please cc me (vijaybaliga at hotmail.com) in your replies.
Thanks!
Vijay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Hammond at Mar 30, 2000 at 11:05 pm
    Use win32pipe.popen3 - but check the arg order, they may not be
    identical.

    win32pipe is available in the win32all extensions...

    Mark.

    <vijaybaliga at hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:8c0ken$tm1$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
    1) I want to use popen2.Popen3 so that I get access to stdin, stdout,
    and stderr, as well as be able to wait for the child process to
    complete. The docs say that it is supported on Windows.
    However, when I
    try it, I get "AttributeError: fork". win32pipe.popen3 doesn't tell me
    when the child process exits. So how can I use something like popen3 on
    Windows, and wait for the child process to terminate?
    2) sys.argv[0] has the 8.3 filename. It looks very ugly. How can I get
    the real filename? For example, if I have the file
    "c:\temp\Some long
    name.py", and I print sys.argv[0], I get "C:\TEMP\SOMELO~1.PY".
    Please cc me (vijaybaliga at hotmail.com) in your replies.
    Thanks!
    Vijay

    Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
    Before you buy.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 30, '00 at 10:29p
activeMar 30, '00 at 11:05p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Hammond: 1 post Vijaybaliga: 1 post