hi I am converting code written for the old mysql interface that makes
extensive use of the fetchdict() method.

I would like to continue using this as it makes reduces code errors for
many case. The problem that I have is that there does not seem to be
enough information provided by the api to implement this is a reliable
manner.

Any suggestions n how to do this. I had intended to use the information
provided in cursor.description but for some reason this does not provide
the name of the table therefore can not be used.

Joe.

in real life: Joseph Skinner |There's no such thing as a wizard
email: crypt at ihug.co.nz |who minds his own business
Analyst/Programmer | - Berengis the Black
Court Mage to the Earls Caeline

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 1, '00 at 1:06a