Hello,

I am interested in creating a text control in tkinter and then allow the
user the highlight an area of text in this control.

I am having a problem trying to figure out how to get the text that was
highlighted by the user. Is there an event and/or method that I can use from
the text control.

I hope this is easy, I am new to using tkinter.

Thanks in advance,
-Mike Z.

Search Discussions

  • Fredrik Lundh at Feb 14, 2000 at 9:38 pm

    MikeZ wrote:
    I am interested in creating a text control in tkinter and then allow the
    user the highlight an area of text in this control.

    I am having a problem trying to figure out how to get the text that was
    highlighted by the user. Is there an event and/or method that I can use from
    the text control.
    text = w.get(SEL_FIRST, SEL_LAST)

    also see:
    http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/text.htm

    </F>

    <!-- (the eff-bot guide to) the standard python library:
    -->

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 14, '00 at 8:00p