Hi there,

I can't get a breakpoint working with IDLE (0.5) and incidentally can't
GO in the debugger
.
I know that I have to open the debugger to avoid getting a beep, so I
open the debugger,
set a breakpoint on a source line via the right-button menu: no beep
that time, but no
feed-back is visible to confirm that the operation succeeded.
And when I launch the execution (run script), the debugger stops on 1st
line but subsequent 'go' only step one line (like a step over) instead
of running until the breakpoint is reached.

Is this behaviour known ? is it a bug ? I searched the archives but
found no answer.
I'm working on NT 4.0 SP3, Python 1.5.2, IDLE 0.5 (last CVS snapshot).

Thanks for any help,

Richard

Search Discussions

  • Mark Hammond at Jan 5, 2000 at 12:36 am
    And when I launch the execution (run script), the debugger stops on 1st
    line but subsequent 'go' only step one line (like a step over) instead
    of running until the breakpoint is reached.

    Is this behaviour known ? is it a bug ? I searched the archives but
    It is a known problem. It will exhibit this behaviour until you step
    into a function. It is really a problem with pdb, not IDLE as such.
    In Pythonwin I went to some pains to avoid this particular problem...

    Mark.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJan 4, '00 at 1:02p
activeJan 5, '00 at 12:36a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Richard Gruet: 1 post Mark Hammond: 1 post