I'd like to mark a few PEPs that are not currently being actively
considered for 3.4 as Deferred:

  S 286 Enhanced Argument Tuples von L?wis
  S 337 Logging Usage in the Standard Library Dubner
  S 368 Standard image protocol and class Mastrodomenico
  I 396 Module Version Numbers Warsaw
  S 400 Deprecate codecs.StreamReader and codecs.StreamWriter Stinner
  S 419 Protecting cleanup statements from interruptions Colomiets
  I 423 Naming conventions and recipes related to packaging Bryon
  I 444 Python Web3 Interface
McDonough, Ronacher
  S 3124 Overloading, Generic Functions, Interfaces, and ... Eby
  S 3142 Add a "while" clause to generator expressions Britton
  S 3143 Standard daemon process library Finney
  S 3145 Asynchronous I/O For subprocess.Popen
Pruitt, McCreary, Carlson
  S 3152 Cofunctions Ewing

Obviously, they can be reactivated at any time, but I think it would
be beneficial to have the "Open" list more accurately reflect
proposals that are currently being championed.

I'd also like to mark this one as rejected by Guido at PyCon US 2013
in favour of an updated PEP 436:
  S 437 A DSL for specifying signatures, annotations and ... Krah

Cheers,
Nick.

  • Antoine Pitrou at May 10, 2013 at 8:18 am
    Hello Nick,

    Le Fri, 10 May 2013 17:14:21 +1000,
    Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan@gmail.com> a ?crit :
[...]

    Sounds fine to me.

    I'd also like to mark this one as rejected by Guido at PyCon US 2013
    in favour of an updated PEP 436:
    S 437 A DSL for specifying signatures, annotations and ... Krah

    I haven't followed enough to have an opinion :)

    Regards

    Antoine.
  • Barry Warsaw at May 10, 2013 at 1:57 pm