I'd like to propose Terry Reedy as a new comitter.

He has been contributing to Python via the tracker, c.l.p, python-dev
and python-ideas for years and has recently requested commit
privileges in order to work on IDLE. I think we should give them to
him :)

Terry's been around long enough that I don't think he'll need much (if
any) mentoring, but I'm certainly willing to provide any that is
needed.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan?? |?? ncoghlan at gmail.com?? |?? Brisbane, Australia

Search Discussions

  • Senthil Kumaran at Jul 18, 2010 at 2:53 am

    I'd like to propose Terry Reedy as a new comitter.

    He has been contributing to Python via the tracker, c.l.p, python-dev
    and python-ideas for years and has recently requested commit
    privileges in order to work on IDLE. I think we should give them to
    him :)
    +1 on this proposal.

    Terry has also been helpful with providing review comments on
    documentation patches and I understand, he might be interested in
    working on them too.

    --
    Senthil

    Q: What lies on the bottom of the ocean and twitches?
    A: A nervous wreck.
  • R. David Murray at Jul 18, 2010 at 5:03 am

    I'd like to propose Terry Reedy as a new comitter.

    He has been contributing to Python via the tracker, c.l.p, python-dev
    and python-ideas for years and has recently requested commit
    privileges in order to work on IDLE. I think we should give them to
    him :)

    Terry's been around long enough that I don't think he'll need much (if
    any) mentoring, but I'm certainly willing to provide any that is
    needed.
    +1

    I'm guessing he'll have some questions about the commit process (everyone
    does) and perhaps the development environment/tools. I'm sure the
    #python-dev regulars would be glad to help out with those questions
    as well, if he visits there.

    --
    R. David Murray www.bitdance.com
  • Brian Curtin at Jul 18, 2010 at 5:08 am

    I'd like to propose Terry Reedy as a new comitter.

    He has been contributing to Python via the tracker, c.l.p, python-dev
    and python-ideas for years and has recently requested commit
    privileges in order to work on IDLE. I think we should give them to
    him :)

    Terry's been around long enough that I don't think he'll need much (if
    any) mentoring, but I'm certainly willing to provide any that is
    needed.

    Cheers,
    Nick.

    +1

    He has been active for quite a while, contributes quality work on the
    tracker, and of course the recent IDLE stuff.
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Mark Dickinson at Jul 18, 2010 at 7:20 am