Grokbase Groups Python pyop July 2014
Hello Python People,

We are starting a Saturday Python class for programmers (experienced in
any other language) at UCSC-Extension Silicon Valley's labs in Santa
Clara, right across 101 from the Great America sign.

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID31625&SectionIDR75735

It will be 5 Saturdays and give students experience in all core concepts of
Python.

The course is low-pressure, but fast-paced, where students learn and
practice core concepts and Pythonic thinking. To join this class, you
should be well-practiced at programming in some other language.

No beginning programmers please, but you can certainly be new to Python.
If you are beginner, please find your class below under "NOVICES".

ONLINE CLASS:

If you would prefer an online class, you will enjoy:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID31625&SectionIDR74871

The online site for this course is open now and new enrollments will be
accepted until July 15.

If you would prefer more time with the online materials, and with me and
my online assistant instructor, Casey The, then you might like to wait and
join the class that opens August 5:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID31625&SectionIDR74872

FOR NOVICES

For 6 Thursday evenings, starting July 10, we will hold the "Introduction
To Programming For Beginners, Using Python" class which prepares
programming novices to take the Python For Programmers' class:

http://course.ucsc-extension.edu/modules/shop/index.html?action=section&OfferingID576274&SectionIDR74926

which is 6 nights of acquiring basic programming skills in python and
makes you ready for the next programmers class

If you have programming experience in any language skip the Beginners
class listed above and join a Programmers' class.

----
All our Python courses are hands-on with short lectures, and lots of
exercises where we study the solutions after some lab time.

Questions are always welcome; discussion and pair-programming are encouraged.

Please come, and send students!

---

And, the first quarter of the professional course is available for $20 at
Udemy.Com! I'm so busy that I can't say when the rest of the course will
be there, but I'm working on it.

https://www.udemy.com/pythonic-python-part-i-the-basics/

I hope you find one of these classes useful to your schedule and your taste.

Marilyn Davis

grouppyop @
categoriespython
postedJul 5, '14 at 4:56p