Thursday evening at 6, we are starting a "Python for Programmers" class at
our labs at UCSC-Extension in Santa Clara, right across 101 from the Great
America sign.

9 Thursday evenings: Python for Programmers

Direct links are at: http://pythontrainer.com

The Programmers' class will be low-pressure, but fast-paced, where
students learn and practice core concepts and Pythonic thinking. To join
this class, you should be well-practiced at programming in some other
language.

If you don't feel up to the medium-fast-paced class for seasoned programmers,
please take the Python for Beginning Programmers class for six Tuesday
evenings: Oct 2 to Nov 6, 2012. There we will concentrate on some basic
engineering mechanisms so that you can take the Programmers' class at a
later time.

Another choice is to take the Programmers' class in speed-study fashion,
Dec 3 - Dec 6, 2012.

All the Python courses are hands-on. After each short lecture, students
are given lab time and exercises that provide practice with the new
concepts. Next, a new material set is distributed which contains
solutions to the lab exercises and notes for the next short lecture, and
the next set of lab exercises. Questions are always welcome; discussion
and pair-programming are encouraged.

http:www.pythontrainer.com

Please come, and send students!

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
Python Instructor

Search Discussions

  • Marilyn Davis at Sep 8, 2012 at 7:41 pm
    p.s. Also, there is an online Python For Programmers class Oct 2 - Nov 6.
    You can register, and start, early: Sep 10. This is a series of recorded
    lectures, exercises and explained solutions, with a class forum for
    discussion and a very attentive, and excellent, teaching assistant to help
    you by answering your questions.