I tried to install PyGUI and run the BlobEdit demo on a Mac that is
running Snow Leopard. One of my Macs has python 2.6.4 installed from
MacPorts. The other has python 2.6.4 from python.org. On both of them,
to get PyObjC I had to install it and got the latest version, which is
2.2. The PyGUI web page says that it has only been tested with PyObjC
1.2. I think that I saw somewhere that the version of PyObjC that comes
with the system in Leopard is 2.0. I don't know what the system version
is in Snow Leopard.

Is PyGUI supposed to work in Snow Leopard or does something have to be
changed before it can work with a newer version of PyObjC? Is there a
way to get the existing version of PyGUI running in one of my
configurations?

The end of the traceback when I try to run BlobEdit looks like

File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PyGUI-2.1.1-py2.6.egg/GUI/Cocoa/Applications.py",
line 228, in <module>
class _PyGui_NSApplication(NSApplication):
BadPrototypeError: Objective-C expects 1 arguments, Python argument has
1 arguments for <unbound selector dispatch_to_app of
_PyGui_NSApplication at 0x3806050>

Thanks,

Sidney Markowitz
http://sidney.com

Search Discussions

  • Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen at Jan 9, 2010 at 8:07 am
    Is PyGUI supposed to work in Snow Leopard or does something have to be changed before it can work with a newer version of PyObjC? Is there a way to get the existing version of PyGUI running in one of my configurations?
    Indeed, PyGUI doesn't work on Snow Leopard. I fixed this in my Mercurial mirror of PyGUI in changeset 76daab77c864,[1] also attached below.

    [1] https://bitbucket.org/danchr/pygui/changeset/76daab77c864/

    --

    Dan Villiom Podlaski Christiansen
    danchr at gmail.com