Hello,

I'm staying at the International Student Center. It's located at 2451
18th Street N.W., but I'm not from DC, and don't really know how far
that is from PyCon.

Anybody knows if it's within walking distance? Are there buses in case
it's too far?

Is it a quiet area? Or is it noisy/dangerous?

I'm sure I'll quickly find out tomorrow, but I'm just curious.

Thanks,
stefano

Search Discussions

  • Evelyn Mitchell at Mar 21, 2005 at 9:40 am
    I used maps.google.com on these addresses:
    Start address: 2541 18th St NE, Washington, DC 20018
    End address: 800 21st St NW, Washington, DC 20006
    Distance: 4.8 mi (about 10 mins)
    Reverse directions
    1. Head south from 18th St NE - go 0.2 mi
    2. Bear left at Montana Ave NE - go 0.2 mi
    3. Bear right and head toward New York Ave NE - go 0.1 mi
    4. Bear right at New York Ave NE - go 1.7 mi
    5. Continue on New York Ave NW - go 0.8 mi
    6. Continue on Mt Vernon Pl NW - go 0.1 mi
    7. Bear right at Massachusetts Ave NW - go 0.4 mi
    8. Bear right at Thomas Cir NW - go 0.0 mi
    9. Bear left at M St NW - go 0.8 mi
    10. Turn left at 21st St NW - go 0.4 mi

    You're quite far away, and not close to the metro.
    We stayed on New York Avenue for PyCon 2003 and found it quite
    inconvenient.

    I suggest you use the RideGuide to help you get back and forth:
    rideguide.wmta.com
    It will give you current directions for bus times and metro stops that
    you'll need to get back and forth.

    Evelyn Mitchell

    I'm staying at the International Student Center. It's located at 2451
    18th Street N.W., but I'm not from DC, and don't really know how far
    that is from PyCon.

    Anybody knows if it's within walking distance? Are there buses in case
    it's too far?

    Is it a quiet area? Or is it noisy/dangerous?

    I'm sure I'll quickly find out tomorrow, but I'm just curious.

    Thanks,
    stefano
    Regards, tummy.com, ltd
    Evelyn Mitchell Linux Consulting since 1995
    efm@tummy.com Senior System and Network Administrators
    http://www.tummy.com/
  • Russell Finn at Mar 21, 2005 at 5:41 pm