outbound, or did I misunderstand it's use? All my lists are coming from
listname at realhostname... I could swear this worked when I tested it.

Search Discussions

  • Gergely Madarasz at Jul 19, 1999 at 10:50 pm

    On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Ron Jarrell wrote:

    I'm using mailman with lists on virtual hosts... The web and inbound work fine.
    But when you set the hostname in the web page, isn't that support to masquerade
    outbound, or did I misunderstand it's use? All my lists are coming from
    listname at realhostname... I could swear this worked when I tested it.
    Make sure you don't use CNAMEs for your virtualhosts. CNAMEs and SMTP
    dont like each other very much...

    --
    Madarasz Gergely gorgo at caesar.elte.hu gorgo at linux.rulez.org
    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/
  • Ron Jarrell at Jul 19, 1999 at 11:00 pm

    At 12:50 AM 7/20/99 +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
    On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Ron Jarrell wrote:

    I'm using mailman with lists on virtual hosts... The web and inbound work fine.
    But when you set the hostname in the web page, isn't that support to masquerade
    outbound, or did I misunderstand it's use? All my lists are coming from
    listname at realhostname... I could swear this worked when I tested it.
    Make sure you don't use CNAMEs for your virtualhosts. CNAMEs and SMTP
    dont like each other very much...
    Duh. I could swat myself, I really could... I caught this about 2 minutes before your
    note arrived. I knew that, and have bunches that *are* A records for just that reason.
    In fact, I *tested* with one. But these new lists are on hostnames that were originally just
    going to be web virtual hosts, and got set up as CNAMEs, and later, when mailing lists
    got added, I completely forgot that that's how they were set up. Feh...
    Thanks.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 19, '99 at 10:17p
activeJul 19, '99 at 11:00p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Ron Jarrell: 2 posts Gergely Madarasz: 1 post