How do I stop mailman from changing the
capitalization of list names? If I create
a list called diva it changes it to Diva;
if I create a list named GSRC it changes
is to Gsrc. I would just like to turn
this silly feature off.

Thanks for any help

JohnR

Search Discussions

  • Ken Manheimer at Apr 5, 1999 at 3:33 pm

    How do I stop mailman from changing the
    capitalization of list names? If I create
    a list called diva it changes it to Diva;
    if I create a list named GSRC it changes
    is to Gsrc. I would just like to turn
    this silly feature off.
    Two settings on each list's general admin page control this. Eg, for
    'mailman-users' we would got to

    http://www.python.org/mailman/admin/mailman-users

    and set the "public name of the list" (the very first setting) and the
    "prefix for subject line of list postings" (the fifth or so).

    I won't get into whether or not this is a silly feature. The important
    thing is that you can set them as you wish.

    Ken Manheimer
    klm at digicool.com

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 4, '99 at 3:29a
activeApr 5, '99 at 3:33p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Ken Manheimer: 1 post John Reekie: 1 post