Dear Mailman Users,

Even though I have a mailing list managed by mailman, I am still a
beginner. It works fine, but everything is in English.
I can change the HTML code and add some Hungarian explanation in the
digest/mail header. Can I change the standard header text in the message
body (about the internet address, administrator's e-mail address,
topics,...)? I was looking for templates as it is presented for HTML pages
but found none. Do I have to make (compile) all scripts if I want to
change these things?
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Laszlo Baranyai

Association of Hungarian PhD Students University of Horticulture & Food
H1146 Budapest, Ajtosi Durer sor 19-21 Department of Physics & Control
http://www.phd.hu H1118 Budapest, Somloi u. 14-16.
dosz at phd.hu, iroda at phd.hu T.: (+36-1)-372-6200/6020

Search Discussions

  • Balazs Nagy at Feb 23, 1999 at 1:44 pm

    Even though I have a mailing list managed by mailman, I am still a
    beginner. It works fine, but everything is in English.
    I can change the HTML code and add some Hungarian explanation in the
    digest/mail header. Can I change the standard header text in the message
    body (about the internet address, administrator's e-mail address,
    topics,...)? I was looking for templates as it is presented for HTML pages
    but found none. Do I have to make (compile) all scripts if I want to
    change these things?
    Well, internationalization is a moving target right now. There're numerous
    aspects as
    int. templates
    int. messages (text in the code)
    int. python (just check it out from the web pages)

    The first one is very simple. I have a pack of Hungarian templates too.
    The second one is a bit harder due of the code change, and it would be nice
    if it had handled by Python itself. The third one isn't work yet and this
    is the real bottleneck of i18n.

    Regards: Balazs
    --
    #!/usr/bin/perl -export-a-crypto-system-sig -http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa
  • Barry A. Warsaw at Feb 27, 1999 at 6:59 pm
    "BL" == Baranyai Laszlo <baranyai at elfiz2.kee.hu> writes:
    BL> still a beginner. It works fine, but everything is in English.
    BL> I can change the HTML code and add some Hungarian explanation
    BL> in the digest/mail header. Can I change the standard header
    BL> text in the message body (about the internet address,
    BL> administrator's e-mail address, topics,...)? I was looking for
    BL> templates as it is presented for HTML pages but found none. Do
    BL> I have to make (compile) all scripts if I want to change these
    BL> things? Thank you for your help.

    Improved multilingual support is probably the biggest thing on my
    personal post-1.0 to-do list.

    -Barry

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython