First off, a big hats off and thank you to everyone who has worked on
mailman. :) I love it, and intend to switch my entire mailing list load to
it.

But I have a couple of questions. ;)

1) When gatwaying mail to the newsgroup and the archives the prefix for the
mailing list (like [mailman-users]) doesn't show up. It only shows up on
delivered mail. Is there a way to get the prefix to remain on the messages?
If not I would add that it might be a nice feature for future releases. ;)

2) Pipermail archiving...a question and a sugestion. First, is there
anyway to make the articles in the archive assend by date? And the
suggestion...a search and edit funcion. Online editing for admins is
extreamly useful for public archives. :)

Thanks! Great job!

-- Jason Wellman

Search Discussions

  • Barry A. Warsaw at Dec 18, 1998 at 5:40 am
    "JW" == Jason Wellman <nimh at morticia.ml.org> writes:
    JW> First off, a big hats off and thank you to everyone who has
    JW> worked on mailman. :) I love it, and intend to switch my
    JW> entire mailing list load to it.

    Excellent!

    JW> But I have a couple of questions. ;)

    JW> 1) When gatwaying mail to the newsgroup and the archives the
    JW> prefix for the mailing list (like [mailman-users]) doesn't
    JW> show up. It only shows up on delivered mail. Is there a way
    JW> to get the prefix to remain on the messages? If not I would
    JW> add that it might be a nice feature for future releases. ;)

    Jason, such a good idea and so easy to add too! This will be in
    1.0b7. I've done a bit of work on the gateway code so it should be
    more stable as well.

    JW> 2) Pipermail archiving...a question and a sugestion. First,
    JW> is there anyway to make the articles in the archive assend by
    JW> date? And the suggestion...a search and edit funcion. Online
    JW> editing for admins is extreamly useful for public archives. :)

    Good suggestions. I'm not sure how easy or hard it would be to
    reverse the sort order when sorting by date, but I agree that it's
    probably more useful to order it from most recent to oldest.

    Searching: its a big thing on my list, but probably not for 1.0.
    Editing is an interesting idea and I've put that on the TODO list.

    Thanks!
    -Barry

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 10, '98 at 10:58p
activeDec 18, '98 at 5:40a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Jason Wellman: 1 post Barry A. Warsaw: 1 post