Being the big newbie, I am having 2 snags so far in my Mailman 1.0b4
installation (Red Hat 5.1):

1)
Cron is giving me this every 5 minutes:

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:20:01 -0400
From: Cron Daemon <root at chimera.acm.jhu.edu>
To: mailman at chimera.acm.jhu.edu
Subject: Cron <mailman at chimera> /usr/bin/python
/home/mailman/cron/gate_news

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/home/mailman/cron/gate_news", line 41, in ?
file = open(os.path.join(mm_cfg.DATA_DIR, "gate_watermarks.last"),
"w")
IOError: (13, 'Permission denied')

2)
And I'm getting a 403 Forbidden on the test list...I'm thinking this might
be related to the other admin installing cgi-wrap...I'm not too keen on
how it works.

Does is the user mailman supposed to belong to just the users group, or
users as well as the mailman group?

CK

Note: since I sent this message originally, I changed to add the mailman
user account to be a member of the mailman group, which seems to have
cleared up whatever problem was at the root of #1. However, I don't know
what the story is with #2....I keep getting:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mailman/admin/test on this server.

The list itself is going ok; I received the initial email to the admin and
all when I first started the test list.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 4, '98 at 12:50a