I couldn't find it if such a switch exists for list admins...
--
Jack Hill, W4KH - BoatAnchors Listowner/Archiver
listown at nanniandjack.com
"Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose"
"Il n'y a que les idiots qui ne changent jamais d'idee"

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 7, 2011 at 6:15 am

    On 7/6/2011 10:53 AM, Jack G F Hill wrote:
    We encountered a situation that felt like an error, but probably is not...

    User is set to NoMail while he moves from one place (and one ISP) to
    another... no current (working) email address...

    The system continues to try sending password reminders, which bounce and
    cause the hosting owner to be concerned about mail errors...

    Ought mailman (2.1.14) continue sending out password reminders to a
    "NoMail" subscriber?

    Yes. "NoMail" only controls delivery of list messages/digests, not
    password reminders.

    Is there a setting I can get to to stop the reminders until he returns?
    I couldn't find it if such a switch exists for list admins...

    In the Membership Management... -> Membership List pages, click this
    members email address which will take you to the user's options page
    where you can change the "Get password reminder email for this list?"
    setting to No.

  • Jack G F Hill at Jul 7, 2011 at 8:15 pm
    Thanks Mark...

    It was the path to individual member pages for changing settings that I
    somehow missed...
    --
    Jack Hill, W4KH - BoatAnchors Listowner/Archiver
    listown at nanniandjack.com
    "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose"
    "Il n'y a que les idiots qui ne changent jamais d'idee"
    Is there a setting I can get to to stop the reminders until he returns?
    I couldn't find it if such a switch exists for list admins...
    In the Membership Management... -> Membership List pages, click this
    members email address which will take you to the user's options page
    where you can change the "Get password reminder email for this list?"
    setting to No.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 6, '11 at 5:53p
activeJul 7, '11 at 8:15p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Jack G F Hill: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 1 post