Myron Kowalski
MoCoSIN Network/Systems Administrator
Moravian College
myron at cs.moravian.edu

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 10, 2011 at 3:34 pm

    myron wrote:
    To recover disk space I remove the archives on quite a few of my
    announcement lists.
    When I went to the "Go to archives page" I was surprised to see the
    Archive, View By, etc. listing of
    messages that were no longer there. Is there a command to clean that
    page so that it reflects the
    messages that are still to be seen.

    In my case, since I deleted all the messages it would say "No messages
    have been ... so archives are empty."
    That's usually what I see when I create a new list. I can copy the
    index.html file from an empty archive list and edit
    that, but is there a way easier way.
    If you want a totally empty archive, run

    bin/arch --wipe LISTNAME /dev/null

    If you want to prune the archive, remove the unwanted messages from
    archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox and then run

    bin/arch --wipe LISTNAME

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2YA9>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython