I help moderate a few lists where certain topics are not permitted.

I thought it would be possible to flag a message for moderation based on
text found in the body of the message, but I can't immediately see how one
might do this.

Presumably the administrivia scan uses a technique like this.

Is it possible to do this in Mailman?

Geoff.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm

    Geoff Shang wrote:
    I help moderate a few lists where certain topics are not permitted.

    I thought it would be possible to flag a message for moderation based on
    text found in the body of the message, but I can't immediately see how one
    might do this.

    Presumably the administrivia scan uses a technique like this.

    Is it possible to do this in Mailman?

    Administrivia looks at the message subject and the first 5 body lines
    for certain patterns. The test is a special function
    (is_administrivia) defined in Mailman/Utils.py and called from
    Mailman/Handlers/Hold.py.

    The best way to do this in general is via a custom handler. See
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9>. There is no configuration setting in
    standard Mailman to do this.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython