I've installed mailman 2.1.9 via the yum repository on Centos 5
according to the Redhat documentation. The web interface is working,
however emails sent to any list are being delivered to but not processed
by mailman. There are no entries in the mailman logs to indicate
anything is happening. The postfix log says the messages are being
delivered to the lists. The mailman service is running and the mailman
cron jobs are processing.

--William Pearson

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 9, 2011 at 6:13 am

    I've installed mailman 2.1.9 via the yum repository on Centos 5
    according to the Redhat documentation. The web interface is working,
    however emails sent to any list are being delivered to but not processed
    by mailman. There are no entries in the mailman logs to indicate
    anything is happening. The postfix log says the messages are being
    delivered to the lists. The mailman service is running and the mailman
    cron jobs are processing.

    cron jobs have nothing to do with normal mail delivery in Mailman 2.1.x

    Does the postfix log say "status=sent (delivered to command:
    /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post LISTNAME)"?

    Are the posts in the archive?

    What's in Mailman's 'error' log (/var/log/mailman/error in RedHat)?

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

    San Francisco Bay Area, California Better use your sense - B. Dylan

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 8, '11 at 9:41p
activeJun 9, '11 at 6:13a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post William Pearson: 1 post