Hello,
Can anyone?give?me?a?tutorial?step-by-step (for dummies...) instructions?for installing?the?mailman?with?an?external?smtp?(gmail?or some?other)?

Thanks in advance,
Julio

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 7, 2011 at 4:50 pm

    On 6/7/2011 6:33 AM, Julio Brum wrote:
    Hello, Can anyone give me a tutorial step-by-step (for dummies...)
    instructions for installing the mailman with an external smtp (gmail
    or some other)?

    For outgoing mail you need to set SMTPHOST and possibly SMTPPORT in
    mm_cfg.py, and if your outgoing server requires authentication, you need
    a patch along the lines of the one at
    <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558281>.

    For incoming mail, you need to arrange for the mail server to accept
    mail for all list addresses and arrange some way to get this mail from
    the mail server to Mailman. How you would do this depends on the mail
    server as well as other considerations. No step by step is possible
    without knowing what the external server is and what tools are available
    on your mailman server.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 7, '11 at 1:33p