I've got a list where an other admin has subcribed a lot of members with a dash on the end of the address. Like name at domain.nl- and user at other.com-
If it were a few I would unsubscribe them manually, but there are around 150....

Is there a way to create a ilst of these wrong addresses and then easily unsubscribe these?

Thanks,

Marc

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 23, 2011 at 3:43 pm

    Marc Rengers wrote:
    I've got a list where an other admin has subcribed a lot of members with a dash on the end of the address. Like name at domain.nl- and user at other.com-
    If it were a few I would unsubscribe them manually, but there are around 150....

    Is there a way to create a ilst of these wrong addresses and then easily unsubscribe these?

    There are a few ways to do this. A somewhat tedious way is to first go
    to the admin General Options page and set admin_member_chunksize to a
    number > 150 so the next result won't be 'chunked. Then go to the
    Membership Management... -> Membership List pages and enter -$ in the
    Find member box and search. and then check the 'unsub' boxes on the
    result and Submit Your Changes.

    If you have command line access, you could do

    bin/list_members LISTNAME | sed '/[^-]$/d' | \
    bin/remove_members -n -N -f - LISTNAME

    Give the bin/list_members and bin/remove_members commands witth the
    --help option for more info.

    Or, if you have a list of the addresses, you could either paste it or
    upload it to the Membership Management... -> Mass Removal page.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 23, '11 at 3:04p
activeMay 23, '11 at 3:43p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Marc Rengers: 1 post