I recently moved my site from a host that provided Mailman 2.1.5 and Plesk
8.1 to one that provides Mailman 2.1.9 and Plesk 10.1.1.

I manually created 55 lists on the new host through Plesk, and populated
them in the Mailman admin. All of them have the same two emails in the
-owner field, which were also the same ones used for the old lists on the
old host.

My problem is that emails sent to both the -owner and -request addresses
bounce back with the message that that address doesn't exist.

Interestingly I tried to manually created -owner and -request addresses for
one of the lists (news at domain.org) via Plesk, and was prevented with the
message that news-owner at domain.org and news-request at domain.org were already
in use. So Plesk thinks they exist -- but trying to send anything to them
fails.

I am not a Linux guru. How do I go about debugging this?

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 14, 2011 at 5:11 pm

    Nina Nicholson wrote:
    My problem is that emails sent to both the -owner and -request addresses
    bounce back with the message that that address doesn't exist.

    Interestingly I tried to manually created -owner and -request addresses for
    one of the lists (news at domain.org) via Plesk, and was prevented with the
    message that news-owner at domain.org and news-request at domain.org were already
    in use. So Plesk thinks they exist -- but trying to send anything to them
    fails.

    This is apparently a Plesk issue. See the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/tIA9>. Debugging this will require access to
    the configuration files and logs of the MTA on the Mailman host
    machine and perhaps specific Plesk knowledge.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 13, '11 at 8:29p
activeApr 14, '11 at 5:11p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Nina Nicholson: 1 post