I am trying to set up mailman for the first time and would like to add
an html image link into the footer of each email that is sent to the
list. At the moment all I am seeing is the raw html.

So far I have changed the following settings:

1. Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion
happens after MIME attachments have been stripped. - set to "no"

2. Made sure all users have 'plain' unchecked

3. Added 'text/html' to pass mime types

But still I am just getting the html and not the image link.

Would someone be able to help me get this set up?

Thanks,

Nick

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 7, 2011 at 6:14 pm

    Nick Putman wrote:
    I am trying to set up mailman for the first time and would like to add
    an html image link into the footer of each email that is sent to the
    list. At the moment all I am seeing is the raw html.

    So far I have changed the following settings:

    1. Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion
    happens after MIME attachments have been stripped. - set to "no"

    2. Made sure all users have 'plain' unchecked

    This has no effect on individual messages. It only affects the format
    of the digest for digest subscribers.

    3. Added 'text/html' to pass mime types

    But still I am just getting the html and not the image link.

    Because msg_footer is always either appended to the body of a simple
    text/plain message or added as a separate text/plain part. Thus any
    HTML in the footer is displayed as text rather than rendered as HTML.

    Without modifying the code that adds the footer to the message, there's
    nothing you can do about this.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 7, '11 at 2:54p