I 1/2 read the unshunt documentation and ran unshunt with some 44k messages in the shunt directory. I killed the unshunt process and now all mailman process. I deleted all of the files out of the shunt directory. But I continue to receive duplicates of the 2008 and 2009 messages. What can I do now to stop this, so that I don't duplicate all 44k messages to my users?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Troy

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 4, 2011 at 11:09 pm

    Troy Knabe wrote:
    I 1/2 read the unshunt documentation and ran unshunt with some 44k messages in the shunt directory. I killed the unshunt process and now all mailman process. I deleted all of the files out of the shunt directory. But I continue to receive duplicates of the 2008 and 2009 messages. What can I do now to stop this, so that I don't duplicate all 44k messages to my users?

    Stop your MTA and clear its queues.

    Also, clear Mailman's qfiles/out and maybe qfiles/in queue before
    restarting Mailman.

    You may need to be selective in your clearing, particularly of
    qfiles/in to avoid losing current data.

  • Troy Knabe at Apr 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm

    I 1/2 read the unshunt documentation and ran unshunt with some 44k messages in the shunt directory. I killed the unshunt process and now all mailman process. I deleted all of the files out of the shunt directory. But I continue to receive duplicates of the 2008 and 2009 messages. What can I do now to stop this, so that I don't duplicate all 44k messages to my users?

    Stop your MTA and clear its queues.

    Also, clear Mailman's qfiles/out and maybe qfiles/in queue before
    restarting Mailman.

    You may need to be selective in your clearing, particularly of
    qfiles/in to avoid losing current data.

    Thanks Mark. That worked perfectly!!

    -Troy

groupmailman-users @