I have just had a rush of email messages from my members that they have received notice from Mailman that they are unsubscribed, and they are trying to restate themselves.
I have not unsubscribed anyone, and do not want to have my members unsubscribed.
How would I fix this, and how to ensure this stops?
Your help is appreciated.

Linda Cunningham
Mongeon Consulting Inc.
301 Sunnymeade Drive
Ancaster (Hamilton), Ontario
L9G 4L2
Telephone: 905 390 1818
Toll free: 877 390 1818

Search Discussions

  • Odhiambo Washington at Apr 5, 2011 at 6:23 am

    I have just had a rush of email messages from my members that they have
    received notice from Mailman that they are unsubscribed, and they are trying
    to restate themselves.
    I have not unsubscribed anyone, and do not want to have my members
    unsubscribed.
    How would I fix this, and how to ensure this stops?
    Are they truly unsubscribed?

    If yes, then you have a security breach on your system, which is a much
    bigger problem that Mailman itself.

    If they are, it means someone either has root access to your server or has
    enough privileges on Mailman admin web UI to do that.

    --
    Best regards,
    Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
    How would I fix this, and how to ensure this stops?
    Your help is appreciated.

    This is what I wrote is a reject message for a post to
    mailman-cabal at python.org from someone else at Mongeon Consulting Inc.

    processing. You can adjust the settings or turn off bounce processing
    all together from the list admin web interface, but the real solution
    is to discover why apparently valid addresses are bouncing. You might
    be able to determine this from Mailman's logs and/or the MTA logs, but
    if this is a hosted Mailman, you will need to contact the host for
    this.

    To follow up or if you have other questions, please join the
    mailman-users at python.org list at
    and post your request there. Note that this is a publicly
    archived list. Do not post personal information that you
    don't want to expose to the world.

    However, if yours is not the same list, there is probably some
    server-wide mail delivery issue that is causing excessive bouncing.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 4, '11 at 6:14p
activeApr 5, '11 at 6:32a