Hello,

We create mail lists by syncing with our database, and so often bad
(no-longer existing accounts, etc) emails get re-added to our lists,
and produce an automatic unsubscribe bounce message. Does Mailman
record the emails for which there was a bounce-action somewhere? If
so, where/how can I see the list of bounced emails? Or is parsing the
bounce-action notification emails the only way to generate a list of
bounced emails?

Many thanks,
Brent

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 14, 2011 at 6:22 pm

    Brent Kearney wrote:
    We create mail lists by syncing with our database, and so often bad
    (no-longer existing accounts, etc) emails get re-added to our lists,
    and produce an automatic unsubscribe bounce message. Does Mailman
    record the emails for which there was a bounce-action somewhere? If
    so, where/how can I see the list of bounced emails? Or is parsing the
    bounce-action notification emails the only way to generate a list of
    bounced emails?

    If by "emails" you mean addresses, see Mailman's bounce log
    (logs/bounces in your Mailman install directory).

    If you mean the actual bounce DSN, these are not saved anywhere, but
    they are sent to the list owner when the user's delivery is disabled
    if bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 13, '11 at 6:18p
activeJan 14, '11 at 6:22p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Brent Kearney: 1 post