mailman-2.1.9-4.el5

We would like to modify the bounce message that moderated members
receive. We have modified Privacy options/Sender filters/Text to
include
in any rejection notice to be sent to moderated members who post to
the list.

config_list reports that this field has been updated:

# Text to include in any <a
# href="?VARHELP/privacy/sender/member_moderation_action" >rejection
# notice to be sent to moderated members who post to this list.
member_moderation_notice = """Include this text.
"""

However, this is the bounce message that I receive. I am a moderated
member of the list. This is the default message:

----------

Your mail to 'Internal' with the subject

another test of moderation

The reason it is being held:

Post to moderated list

notification of the moderator's decision. If you would like to cancel

----------

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance < Anne

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 4, 2011 at 11:18 pm

    Anne M. Hammond wrote:
    We would like to modify the bounce message that moderated members
    receive. We have modified Privacy options/Sender filters/Text to
    include
    in any rejection notice to be sent to moderated members who post to
    the list.

    config_list reports that this field has been updated:

    # Text to include in any <a
    # href="?VARHELP/privacy/sender/member_moderation_action" >rejection
    # notice to be sent to moderated members who post to this list.
    member_moderation_notice = """Include this text.
    """

    However, this is the bounce message that I receive. I am a moderated
    member of the list. This is the default message:

    ----------

    Your mail to 'Internal' with the subject

    another test of moderation

    The text in member_moderation_notice is only sent in a "rejection"
    notice to the user when the post is rejected because
    member_moderation_action is Reject. It doesn't apply if
    member_moderation_action is Hold.

    Further, it doesn't even apply if the post is held and subsequently
    rejected by a moderator. In that case, the default rejection reason is
    still the standard 'Your message was deemed inappropriate by the
    moderator.' or it's i18n equiovalent.

    You cannot modify the held post notice for moderated members only. You
    can create a modified postheld.txt template per the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>, but it will apply to all held posts
    regardless of reason.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 4, '11 at 10:49p
activeJan 4, '11 at 11:18p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Anne M. Hammond: 1 post