I have sent a email message to an email list of which I am the
administrator and also on the member list, received the email
requesting approval for publication, gave that approval, and then the
email message was sent to me (info at certuspersonality.com) as the
original supplier of the message, the number of times that equals the
number of members in the email list. It did not go to the list
members (except for me).

Which setting do I probably have wrong in Mailman?

Help greatly appreciated,
Herward Hencke

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 31, 2010 at 5:44 pm

    certuspersonality wrote:
    I have sent a email message to an email list of which I am the
    administrator and also on the member list, received the email
    requesting approval for publication, gave that approval, and then the
    email message was sent to me (info at certuspersonality.com) as the
    original supplier of the message, the number of times that equals the
    number of members in the email list. It did not go to the list
    members (except for me).

    Which setting do I probably have wrong in Mailman?

    It doesn't seem to me that this is a Mailman issue. My best guess based
    on the limited information is there is some issue with your MTA and/or
    DNS configuration. It seems that mailman sent the message to the list
    members, but the MTA couldn't deliver it so it bounced or forwarded
    those undeliverable messages back to you.

    To say anything more, we'd need to see Mailman's 'smtp', 'smtp-failure'
    and 'bounce' logs, and the MTA's logs showing what it did with those
    messages.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 31, '10 at 3:35p
activeDec 31, '10 at 5:44p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Certuspersonality: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post