I am running a Web site that is providing free mailing lists for
certain types of organizations.

It uses Mailman 2.1.13.

I want to simplify list creation for new moderators. I have a
desired way by which these lists are to be set up and I want them to
be created with these options when a new list is created rather than
the way they are configured now.

I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. Does anyone have
any suggestions for me?

Regards,

Fred

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 27, 2010 at 9:08 pm

    Fred Atkinson, WB4AEJ wrote:
    I want to simplify list creation for new moderators. I have a
    desired way by which these lists are to be set up and I want them to
    be created with these options when a new list is created rather than
    the way they are configured now.

    I haven't been able to figure out how to do this. Does anyone have
    any suggestions for me?

    Many list settings have default values which can be set in mm_cfg.py.
    See these settings and their documentation in Defaults.py. I think the
    names of these settings all begin with DEFAULT_.

    Alternatively, you can take the output from bin/config_list -o for a
    list with the desired setup and edit out all the list specific stuff
    such as real_name, owner, moderator, description, subject_prefix, etc.
    and then run bin/config_list -i with that file as input for newly
    created lists.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 27, '10 at 4:33a