I'm asking if mailman can be set up so it will calculate the required
header (hash of the message ID or whatever) and insert it in a post
before distributing the post to the list?

I've tried googling and searching things like the NEWS file for mailman
(at least for version 2.2x), with no luck.

I had seen words that Mailman will (i.e., plans to) support RFC-5064,
but maybe it hasn't been implemented yet?

Randy Kramer

Search Discussions

  • Barry Warsaw at Dec 15, 2010 at 2:44 pm

    I'm asking if mailman can be set up so it will calculate the required
    header (hash of the message ID or whatever) and insert it in a post
    before distributing the post to the list?

    I've tried googling and searching things like the NEWS file for mailman
    (at least for version 2.2x), with no luck.

    I had seen words that Mailman will (i.e., plans to) support RFC-5064,
    but maybe it hasn't been implemented yet?
    It's in the Mailman 3 alphas:

    http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Stable+URLs

    Cheers,
    -Barry