Dear all,

I have been lucky enough to be helped by Mark Sapiro to get my installation
of Mailman fixed and my mailing lists properly configured. His help has been
crucial and I want to acknowledge publicly how grateful I am for his help.

We have experienced a problem that seems to be created by Apple's
implementation of Mailman and Mark suggested I contacted others more
experienced with Apple's OS X Server to obtain help.

In Mailman's mm_cfg.py file there are two lines that need to be as follows:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.domain.com'

The problem is that I have edited this file three or four times now and it
seems Apple's Server Admin or another OS X Server application continues to
change it back to the following:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'servername'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'servername'

The problem with this is that every time someone looks at Mailman's listinfo
web page to see what lists are hosted by our server the title on the top has
the server name instead of the domain name for the lists. Instead of the
listinfo page displaying the proper title that should be "www.domain.com
Mailing Lists" it actually displays "servername Mailing Lists".

Does anyone know what might be causing this and hot to have this problem
fixed ?

Thank you,

Joe

Search Discussions

  • Chris Tandiono at Dec 15, 2010 at 7:05 am
    You might need to change the setting in Mac OS X Server Admin rather than manually changing it in mm_cfg.py. For example, when you add a directory in web sharing in the sharing prefpane, it's added to httpd.conf, and I think it will automatically be re-added if you remove it from httpd.conf without removing it from the web sharing prefpane.

    Alternatively, you could install mailman from source/MacPorts/Fink and ignore the provided mailman...