Hello,

on all my mailing lists, I have the problem that mails to the -owner
alias seem to bounce. The sender doesn't receive a bounce, but the
list owners don't receive the e-mail -- instead, failures are logged
in mailman's bounce log. The owners are the same as the subscribers
(it's an internal list), and mails to the list reach these
destinations itself, so it can't be a general problem. The receipients
are within and outside of our domain.

I'm a bit clueless and can't find much in the logs. Any idea where to
start searching?

Thanks,
Florian

Search Discussions

  • Florian Effenberger at Dec 14, 2010 at 7:36 pm
    Addendum:

    Shortly afterwards, I fully receive a bounce probe message, with the
    message sent to -owner as attachment. So, the message reaches me,
    Mailman somehow bounces it anyways...

    on all my mailing lists, I have the problem that mails to the -owner
    alias seem to bounce. The sender doesn't receive a bounce, but the
    list owners don't receive the e-mail -- instead, failures are logged
    in mailman's bounce log. The owners are the same as the subscribers
    (it's an internal list), and mails to the list reach these
    destinations itself, so it can't be a general problem. The receipients
    are within and outside of our domain.

    I'm a bit clueless and can't find much in the logs. Any idea where to
    start searching?

    Thanks,
    Florian
  • Florian Effenberger at Dec 14, 2010 at 7:44 pm
    Another thing I just found out:

    The mailman-owner alias is only generated for the 2nd of our two
    virtual domains. Maybe that's related?
    (The other -owner aliases, including the one for the list I'm testing
    with, are correct, however.)