I'm adding a footer to every email to allow user to unsubscribe. It is showing up as an attachment. I've set Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion happens after MIME attachments have been stripped. To yes. But this is not working. When I post to this website my message is sent back with a footer to unsubscribe which is exactly what I want.

Robert

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 8, 2010 at 5:24 pm

    Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:
    I'm adding a footer to every email to allow user to unsubscribe. It is showing up as an attachment. I've set Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion happens after MIME attachments have been stripped. To yes. But this is not working. When I post to this website my message is sent back with a footer to unsubscribe which is exactly what I want.

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9>.

    To accomplish this with content filtering, you also need to set "Should
    Mailman collapse multipart/alternative to its first part content?" to
    Yes, and even that may not work with all posts depending on their
    original MIME structure.

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 8, 2010 at 5:38 pm

    Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:
    It is set to yes. I'll try submitting the message as plain text.

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9>.

    To accomplish this with content filtering, you also need to set "Should
    Mailman collapse multipart/alternative to its first part content?" to
    Yes, and even that may not work with all posts depending on their
    original MIME structure.

    Posting plain text only will work, but if this is a discussion list,
    you can't control what others post. You may need to remove all HTML
    rather than converting it by putting something like

    multipart
    text/plain

    in pass_mime_types (i.e., no text/html), and setting an appropriate
    filter_action to handle HTML only posts.

    Or you can try the mimedefang method referenced in the above FAQ.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 8, '10 at 5:08p
activeDec 8, '10 at 5:38p