I just started a new mailing list and its great. I would like to know how
to keep subscribers from getting to any screen where they can manage their
settings or post to the list. Basically I want to manage the list entirely
myself where subscribers simply receive emails and cannot respond.
Thanks for any help,
Christian

Search Discussions

  • Adam McGreggor at Dec 3, 2010 at 4:23 pm

    I just started a new mailing list and its great. I would like to know how
    to keep subscribers from getting to any screen
    by "screen" I'm assuming that you mean "web page".
    where they can manage their settings or post to the list.
    That's entirely down to your HTTPD configuration -- and how you wish
    to control access.

    And, perhaps more important to end-user, how you will provide
    mechanisms for unsubscriptions.
    Search for 'announce' on http://wiki.list.org

    --
    "Twenty-two minutes late, badger ate a junction box at New Malden."
    ('The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin')

    to keep subscribers from getting to any screen
    by "screen" I'm assuming that you mean "web page".
    where they can manage their settings or post to the list.
    That's entirely down to your HTTPD configuration -- and how you wish
    to control access.

    And, perhaps more important to end-user, how you will provide
    mechanisms for unsubscriptions.
    I'd say it should also be fairly important to him as well considering
    current spam legislation and the penalties associated with not providing an
    opt out mechanism.
  • Adam McGreggor at Dec 3, 2010 at 4:57 pm

    I'd say it should also be fairly important to him as well considering
    current spam legislation and the penalties associated with not providing an
    opt out mechanism.
    Your Jurisdiction May Vary.

    (YJMV)

    --
    "In this world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what
    one wants, and the other is getting it. "

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 2, '10 at 4:15a
activeDec 3, '10 at 4:57p