I have a script that I use to add an address to

accept_these_nonmembers

It uses

"mlist.accept_these_nonmembers.append('$1')"

Is there a way I can invoke this C-shell script so that
the address is surrounded by apostrophes? I want the resulting
address to be

'user at example.com'

I tried invoking my script

..... 'user at example.com'

but that did not preserve the apostrophes. I am not sure if this
is a C-shell question, or a Mailman-python question, or both.
Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
Building 240, Room 5.B.8 Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov
Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 2, 2010 at 5:11 pm

    Barry Finkel wrote:
    I have a script that I use to add an address to

    accept_these_nonmembers

    It uses

    "mlist.accept_these_nonmembers.append('$1')"

    Is there a way I can invoke this C-shell script so that
    the address is surrounded by apostrophes? I want the resulting
    address to be

    'user at example.com'

    I tried invoking my script

    ..... 'user at example.com'

    but that did not preserve the apostrophes. I am not sure if this
    is a C-shell question, or a Mailman-python question, or both.

    You could try invoking your script as

    ..... \\\'user at example.com\\\'

    This will cause $1 to be \'user at example.com\' and
    mlist.accept_these_nonmembers.append('\'user at example.com\'') should do
    what you want.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 2, '10 at 4:20p
activeDec 2, '10 at 5:11p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Barry Finkel: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post