Have run a mailman install on my centos 5.5 server
Installed from centos repo
I have added
MTA = 'Postfix' to mm_cfg.py
But the aliases don't go to the aliases file
So posting to my lists not work

Search Discussions

  • Daniel Maher at Oct 25, 2010 at 1:53 pm

    On 10/25/2010 02:52 AM, mattias wrote:
    Have run a mailman install on my centos 5.5 server
    Installed from centos repo
    I have added
    MTA = 'Postfix' to mm_cfg.py
    But the aliases don't go to the aliases file
    So posting to my lists not work

    You also need to specify the aliases file in Postfix :

    /etc/postfix$ grep ^alias_maps main.cf
    alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/etc/mailman/aliases

    --
    Daniel Maher <dma PLUS mailman AT witbe DOT net>
    "The Internet is completely over." -- Prince

    mattias wrote:
    Have run a mailman install on my centos 5.5 server
    Installed from centos repo

    Have you asked for help on a CentOS forum?

    Have you looked at /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9/INSTALL.REDHAT ?

    I have added
    MTA = 'Postfix' to mm_cfg.py
    But the aliases don't go to the aliases file
    So posting to my lists not work

    In RedHat/CentOS, with MTA = 'Postfix', Mailman should create aliases
    in /etc/mailman/aliases. Is that file referenced in alias_maps in
    Postfix main.cf?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 25, '10 at 12:52a