Good morning,

**I send out newsletter A twice a month and want to be careful not to lose a
subscriber unless it's clear the address is invalid. Please comment on these
settings:

4.0 Threshold (default is 5.0)

90 Stale After (default is 7)

3 Disabled Warnings (default is 3)

14 Disabled Warning Interval (default is 7)

**Also, I send out newsletter B once a month. Please comment on these
settings:

3.0 Threshold (default is 5.0)

120 Stale After (default is 7)

3 Disabled Warnings (default is 3)

21 Disabled Warning Interval (default is 7)

**Finally, I assume the Disabled Warnings receive the same bounce processing
as the original newsletters. Correct?

Thanks for the great service, Bob Jenney

____________________________
Robert M. Jenney, Director
Aviation Safety Connection, Inc.
11 Lake Street, Unit #121
Wakefield, MA 01880 USA
rmj at aviation.org; (781) 245-1391
Go to <http://aviation.org> http://aviation.org

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 20, 2010 at 2:26 pm

    Robert M. Jenney wrote:
    **I send out newsletter A twice a month and want to be careful not to lose a
    subscriber unless it's clear the address is invalid. Please comment on these
    settings:

    4.0 Threshold (default is 5.0)

    90 Stale After (default is 7)

    90 may be higher than you want here. Assume post 1 bounces, post 2 does
    not and post 3 does, if you want the score resulting from post 3 to be
    1 rather than 2 because of the apparent successful delivery of post 2,
    then you want stale after to be < 30.

    You are correct that it must be > 15 or all prior bounce info will be
    stale.

    3 Disabled Warnings (default is 3)

    14 Disabled Warning Interval (default is 7)

    See below.

    **Also, I send out newsletter B once a month. Please comment on these
    settings:

    3.0 Threshold (default is 5.0)

    120 Stale After (default is 7)

    The same applies here. In this case, this must be > 30 but should be
    less than 60 if you want to require 3 consecutive bounces for disable.

    3 Disabled Warnings (default is 3)

    21 Disabled Warning Interval (default is 7)

    See below

    **Finally, I assume the Disabled Warnings receive the same bounce processing
    as the original newsletters. Correct?

    No. Once a member's delivery is disabled by bounce, any subsequent
    bounces are logged as residual but otherwise ignored, so bounces or
    non-bounces of the disabled warning have no effect. The only thing
    which will prevent the member from being removed after (disabled
    warnings) X (disabled warning interval) days is re-enabling delivery,
    either by the member from the member options page or by the admin.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 20, '10 at 12:55p
activeOct 20, '10 at 2:26p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Robert M. Jenney: 1 post