Hi list,

I'm getting errors while trying to dump the config of a mailing list to
a text file.

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list -o listname listname

[...]

# For backwards compatibility with Mailman 1.1, if the regexp does not
# contain an `@', then the pattern is matched against just the local
# part of the recipient address. If that match fails, or if the pattern
# does contain an `@', then the pattern is matched against the entire
# recipient address.
#
# Matching against the local part is deprecated; in a future release,
# the pattern will always be matched against the entire recipient
# address.
acceptable_aliases =
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 362, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 355, in main
do_output(listname, outfile)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 131, in do_output
do_list_categories(mlist, k, subcat, outfp)
File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 183, in
do_list_categories
lines = value.splitlines()
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'splitlines'

I must add to this that we have a very large number (24000+) of mailing
lists. I'm not sure if that matters, but we've had problems with the
webinterface, which doesn't display the full list of mailing lists.
list_lists works fine though, and it also doesn't seem to matter if I
try this with a list from the top or from the bottom of the "list of lists".

I'd try to fix this myself but unfortunately I don't speak Python...

-- No part of this copyright message may be reproduced, read or seen,
dead or alive or by any means, including but not limited to telepathy
without the benevolence of the author.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 16, 2010 at 12:19 pm

    Frank Van Damme wrote:
    I'm getting errors while trying to dump the config of a mailing list to
    a text file.

    /usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list -o listname listname

    [...] [...]
    acceptable_aliases =
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 362, in <module>
    main()
    File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 355, in main
    do_output(listname, outfile)
    File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 131, in do_output
    do_list_categories(mlist, k, subcat, outfp)
    File "/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list", line 183, in
    do_list_categories
    lines = value.splitlines()
    AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'splitlines'

    It appears that this list's acceptable_aliases attribute is a Python
    list of aliases - ['alias1 at domain1', 'alias2 at domain2', ...] - instead
    of a string of aliases separated by newlines -
    'alias1 at domain1\r\nalias2 at domain2\r\n...'.

    I don't know how this came about, but you may be able to fix it via the
    web if you can access this list's Privacy options... -> Recipient
    filters page or via config_list -i or via withlist.

    I must add to this that we have a very large number (24000+) of mailing
    lists. I'm not sure if that matters, but we've had problems with the
    webinterface, which doesn't display the full list of mailing lists.

    This may be related to the above issue or it may be a different
    corruption of some lists' attributes.

    list_lists works fine though, and it also doesn't seem to matter if I
    try this with a list from the top or from the bottom of the "list of lists".

    I'd try to fix this myself but unfortunately I don't speak Python...

    We can help, but we'd need details such as the actual output and maybe
    Mailman error log output, although the 'partial' overview listing
    could be due to timeout or other limits in the web server so check the
    web server logs too.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 15, '10 at 1:31p
activeOct 16, '10 at 12:19p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Frank Van Damme: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post