many people get removed from my lists due to bounces and I recieve many complaints that they re-subscribe then get kicked out again.. my bounce processing settings are as follows:

The maximum member bounce score before the member's subscription is disabled. This value can be a floating point number = 5.0

The number of days after which a member's bounce information is discarded, if no new bounces have been received in the interim. This value must be an integer = 7

How many Your Membership Is Disabled warnings a disabled member should get before their address is removed from the mailing list. Set to 0 to immediately remove an address from the list once their bounce score exceeds the threshold. This value must be an integer =0

The number of days between sending the Your Membership Is Disabled warnings. This value must be an integer = 7

is there anything wromg with that ??

thanks..

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 12, 2010 at 3:19 am

    Khalil Abbas wrote:
    many people get removed from my lists due to bounces and I recieve many complaints that they re-subscribe then get kicked out again.. my bounce processing settings are as follows:

    The maximum member bounce score before the member's subscription is disabled. This value can be a floating point number = 5.0

    The number of days after which a member's bounce information is discarded, if no new bounces have been received in the interim. This value must be an integer = 7

    How many Your Membership Is Disabled warnings a disabled member should get before their address is removed from the mailing list. Set to 0 to immediately remove an address from the list once their bounce score exceeds the threshold. This value must be an integer =0

    Consider raising this to 2 or 3, so that they get a few warnings at 1
    week intervals between disable and unsubscribe.

    The number of days between sending the Your Membership Is Disabled warnings. This value must be an integer = 7

    Make sure that bounce_notify_owner_on_disable is Yes so you get a
    notice containing the triggering bounce when a member is disabled by
    bounce processing.

    Then, using this information plus possible information from Mailman's
    smtp-failure log and the MTA logs, figure out why apparently valid
    addresses are bouncing and fix the underlying problem.

    If the problem is "spam" rejection by the receiving ISP, make sure the
    the member whitlists your list and/or complains to her ISP.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 11, '10 at 9:46p
activeOct 12, '10 at 3:19a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Khalil Abbas: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post