Does anybody already have a script to get the total number of
subscribers across all the lists on a system?

Con Wieland
Office of Information Technology
University of California at Irvine

Search Discussions

  • Adam McGreggor at Oct 4, 2010 at 8:54 pm

    On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 01:35:42PM -0700, Con Wieland wrote:
    Does anybody already have a script to get the total number of
    subscribers across all the lists on a system?
    something like:

    list_lists -b | while read L; do echo "List is ${L}"; list_members ${L} | wc -l ; done

    perhaps?

    If you're after something more complicated, that handles archives and
    bits,

    http://hendricks.amyl.org.uk/~adam/tmp/list-stats

    may be of interest

    (one day I'll get around to fixing up my repo's browsey thing)

    --
    "We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
    languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their

    Con Wieland wrote:
    Does anybody already have a script to get the total number of
    subscribers across all the lists on a system?

    If you want the total number of unique addresses in all your lists, you
    can get that with

    bin/find_member . | grep "found in:" | wc -l

    If you want the sum over all lists of the number of members in each
    list, you can do

    (for l in `bin/list_lists --bare`; do bin/list_members $l; done)| wc -l

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 4, '10 at 8:35p
activeOct 4, '10 at 8:57p