Steven Jones wrote:
"common format"

I had no idea what they meant.....neither did they.....

I was just told to get an answer....

;?

I think they mean something a Microsoft (based) product can read and import.....

Mailman keeps three kinds of data - archives, list configuration and
list membership (including member options).

In an installation with default global archiving settings there is both
an HTML archive and a global *nix mbox, both of which can be
considered "common formats". The mbox can be used to rebuild the HTML
archive. The mbox is the definitive archive containing maximum
information.

Again, in most Mailman installations (those with the default
MemberAdaptor), the list configuration and membership data are all
saved in a single Python pickle (the lists/LISTNAME/config.pck file).
If you are interested in moving a list to another Mailman installation
of the same or newer or in some cases, older version, this file and
the archives are all you need to move.

There are also various scripts included with Mailman to extract list
configuration or membership to flat text files.

Various aspects of all this are covered in the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3>, particularly articles such as
<http://wiki.list.org/x/aYA9>, <http://wiki.list.org/x/oIA9> and the
posts linked from <http://wiki.list.org/x/2oA9>.

groupmailman-users @